We encourage you to interview several sign companies.
- Talk about your thoughts for your project. If you have a budget in mind tell the sign company so they can guide you toward the project you want and can afford. Ask for his input, ideas and design suggestions.
- Ask about the company, how they operate the business. Do they have workers' compensation and liability insurance? Can they provide design services? Have they won any awards for sign design and construction? How long have they been in business? Do they belong to any professional and/or educational organizations for the sign industry?
- Was this company recommended to you? If so, consider that a big plus. Do you feel comfortable talking to their reps? Do they have good answers for your questions? Is this someone you would want to work with?
If he passes the interview, ask for a list of references. Then keep the following criteria in mind and start asking questions of past clients!
Questions You Want Answered From Past Clients:
- How was your rapport with all of the company employees?
- Was the communication with the project manager good?
- Was the project manager detail oriented and communicating issues during the project?
- Did the sales rep or project manager offer creative and/or better ideas to enhance your project?
- Were they up to date in the latest technology, products and trends?
- Were the outsourced trade contractors knowledgeable and skilled?
- How was the timeliness? (if the project did not finish on time, was it contractor delays or delays not under their control? - weather, additional work orders, etc.)
This is an excellent time to talk about cost!
- Did the past clients feel the company charged them fairly?
- Did they feel they obtained the best value for their investment?
- Did they feel the company was an honest negotiator?
- To sum it up, how do the past clients feel about the overall quality of their projects?
- The last and most telltale question is "Would you hire this company again? If so, why?
- If not, then who would you recommend and why?
We hope this information has been helpful to you so you can achieve success in your next sign project. Contact us if you would like free help in planning your next project.