Your brand is not just a logo, but an entire experience that affects whether or not customers will remember you and decide to do business with you. It should permeate everything you do –websites, magazine and newspaper ads, billboards, sales promotions –and your signs.
Surveys, such as one commissioned by FedEx Office, a small business marketing solutions firm, in conjunction with Ketchum Global Research & Analytics, measured the importance of signage and its impact on consumers as they decide whether to visit your place of business, make a purchase and more, and another by the Economic Center, University of Cincinnati, measured the impact on business owners in different industries.
The surveys found that:
- Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs. (FedEx)
- Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage. (FedEx)
- About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. (FedEx)
- About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. (FedEx)
- Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business. (FedEx)
- Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%. (UC)
- Over 50% of survey respondents indicated that poor signage (e.g., poor quality, misspelled words) deters them from entering a place of business. (FedEx)
- 38% of large companies with multiple locations identified branding/image as the most important purpose of effective signage, while small firms and single establishments perceived signs to be most important for making their business stand out and for helping customers find their location. (UC)
- Legibility was chosen by both consumers and businesses as the most important characteristic of signs. (UC)
Signs provide continuous advertising for your business, and will work for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please get in touch with L&H Sign Company at (610) 898-9600 when you need any type of signage for just one location or a complete rebranding program for your nationwide business.