With 65,000 square feet of manufacturing space in downtown Reading, PA and a talented team of architectural signage experts, L&H Sign Company has the creativity, engineering, craftsmanship, and fabrication expertise to design and build everything from simple merchandising signs to complex wayfinding signage systems for businesses across the entire Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.
L&H Sign Company has over 22 years of signage experience and our designs appear in many diverse locations, such as hospitals and medical centers, school campuses, airports, sports and entertainment venues, shopping malls, museums, zoos and amusement parks. They are custom-designed to both guide your customers and promote your brand.
We have earned numerous awards from the Sign of the Times International Sign Contest for our high-quality architectural sign products, including the luminous monument signs we built for Reformation Lutheran Church (2015; Third Place) and One Meridian at Spring Ridge (2014; First Place), and an illuminated sign for 100 Park at Wyomissing Square (2010; First Place).
Wayfinding and Directional Signage
You might say that humans can be divided into two groups: Boy Scouts and the rest of us! The Scouts pride themselves on their path-finding skills which enable them to safely find their way through even the harshest environments. The rest of us typically rely on luck and, possibly, on tools, like wayfinding signage, that help us navigate through confusing public spaces.
When we find ourselves in unfamiliar surroundings, most of us want to know how to get where we’re going. Imagine yourself walking into the hospital as your wife is about to give birth; you’d probably like to find your way to the delivery room as quickly as possible. Or, maybe it’s your first week at college and you have no idea how to find the library or cafeteria. Virtually every industry and business has a need for interior and/or exterior wayfinding signage.
But, there is more to wayfinding systems than just pointing people in the right direction. Wayfinding signs should be eye-catching without interfering, and should incorporate the right combination of color, shape, material and typography to convey a strong message that reinforces a business’ brand identity. This involves graphic design skills and knowledge of the principles and art of communication.
L&H Sign Company’s Wayfinding Sign Portfolio
L&H Sign Company has a long history of managing wayfinding signage projects, from concept, design and engineering, to fabrication and installation. Our projects include:
- McDaniel College, Baltimore – L&H Sign Company collaborated on a campus wayfinding project for McDaniel College which included exterior vehicular directories, light post banners, campus map directories, building identification signage, and pedestrian wayfinding signs.
- Pocono Medical Center’s Hughes Cancer Center, Lehigh Valley – L&H Sign Company designed and fabricated the interior wayfinding signage for Hughes Cancer Center, incorporating their calming nature theme featuring birch wood and glass into overhead directional signs, room ID signs and floor directories.
- Consol Energy Center, Pittsburgh – This interior wayfinding signage project for the Pittsburgh Penguin’s hockey team incorporated an inventive cracked ice theme that featured distressed weathered metal and acrylic as well as various parts of the Penguins corporate logos and black and white game action photo accents.
- Philadelphia Zoo, Philadelphia – An extensive project which involved a new parking garage, landscaping, street lights, sidewalks and wayfinding signage, L&H Sign Comany fabricated the exterior signage, parking identification signage and monument signs that now welcome visitors from outside the zoo.
- Wilkes Barre Scranton International Airport, Lehigh Valley – Navigating the outside of an airport is always a challenge. L&H Sign Company fabricated the airport’s new exterior vehicular wayfinding system, entrance monuments, parking garage signs, and terminal directional signage.
Get in touch with L&H Sign Company at (610) 898-9600 when you need interior or exterior wayfinding signage systems. We can help your visitors and customers make sense of the spaces around them.